By Lana Guineay
The iconic McLaren Vale Sea & Vines Festival is back this June long weekend, and the line-up includes everything from degustation dinners to bouncy castles.
Celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2017, we’ve put together 25 reasons to be part of the largest wine-region celebration in South Australia:
1. Only a 45-minute drive from Adelaide, McLaren Vale is nestled between the Mount Lofty ranges and the Gulf St Vincent coastline, offering breath-taking natural diversity to explore
2. You could be going for free. I Choose SA has partnered with Sea & Vines to give away an unforgettable prize to one lucky pair, enter now
3. Running over the Queen’s Birthday Long Weekend, you can either come down for the day – or stay for the whole weekend
4. Monday is family day, with loads of activities including giant Jenga, face painting, and kid’s menus
5. With a range of masterclasses, it’s a chance to go behind the label of your favourite wines
6. You might run into a celebrity chef over dinner (or at least pick up some of their ideas to try at home)
7. The pizza lock in at Beach Road wines. Scenic views with a side of wood-fired pizza
8. McLaren Vale is pretty. Really pretty. Exhibit A:
9. It’s the birthplace of the SA wine industry – with more than 80 cellar doors
10. McLaren Vale is home to world-famous shiraz, and there will be plenty of opportunity to find out why for yourself
11. From live music to DJs, swing to blues, the tunes will be as smooth as the wine
12. The only thing better than great local food and great local wine… is great local friends. Take a few
13. All that beautiful scenery = A+ Instagram posts. If you get a golden shot, don’t forget to tag us
14. Families, locals, tourists – the bustling, diverse crowds provide ample people-watching entertainment
15. If you really can’t decide what to go to – sign up for the Sunday Experience and choose from a much more approachable list of 6 wineries hosting special events for the day
16. Calling all porchetta fans – you should probably know about the porchetta party
17. Multi-award winning blues singer-songwriter Cal Williams Jr is set to match his soulful blues sounds with equally soulful flavours
18. Visit New Orleans…by way of Hardys Tintara Wines, at their French Quarter event
20. Wear your fanciest pants and join the garden party at Beach Road Wines
21. The Vale Market will feature 50+ stalls of local wares, as well as kids’ entertainment, food vans, and music. Just add a picnic rug
22. You can book a room at one of the local boutique B&B’s
23. Get your walking shoes on and stroll the scenic shiraz trail
24. Old school fish & chips
25. A three course meal and four hour drinks package at Hugo wines? Sold.
We could go on… for even more reasons to head to Sea & Vines, check out the full program here.
Visit I Choose SA to find out how you can support our State by choosing South Australian businesses, products and services.
Header image credit: Ben Heide